Friday, December 7, 2007

The return of Bat, man!

Well the bat from the previous post showed up again (did it really leave?). We last saw it fly into the living room and then disappear, just after I stopped filming in the last post. Tonight, my daugther was watching "the suite life of Zack and Cody" when the bat reappeared and started to fly around the living room (its got a nice cathederal ceiling for flying abound in). I got the fine meshed fish net and slam dunked it down onto the floor. It was putting up an aweful racket of squeeks and squeels. I got a towel and a piece of cardboard and held the towel over the bat, then slid the cardboard under it to sandwich the bat inbetween. I carried it out the door and set it free. I have a feeling that the bat is living inside the chimmney (its wood, and hollow) and somehow working his way inside to house. I don't think its the flue because I have a wood stove connected to the flue and can't figure out how it would get down through the damper, and thru the woodstove and into the living room. I might need to build a huge fire in the wood stove to cook 'em out of the chimmney....

No comments: