Monday, February 11, 2008

New Power for the Old Shed

Been busy lately running power from the house out to the old shed in its new position. I am running 40 amp service from the house, thru PVC conduit, to the shed. I am running 4 conductors (2 hots, a common, and a ground) so that I'll have 220 V available should I want to run my welder from that shed instead of my new shed that I have started to build. I figured that while I was at it I might as well run some Cat5 cable out to the shed too. I had a phone out there last time so I will do that again. I'll try to take some pictures to show what's going on. A friend of mine down the road rented a drivable ditch witch for some work he was doing in his yard, so he came over and trenched about 25 of the 30 feet I needed for the new shed location. I had to had dig a few feet because the phone cable came thru the yard between the shed and the house. What a pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, i thought i was the only person in the world with internet access in their shed. i dunno how new your shed is, but be careful of leaking roofs. i just fried my computer monitor last time it rained hard.

jeff