Sunday, April 20, 2008

Leapfrog


I was driving my 8 yr old daughter to school the other day and we passed a field of cute little miniture goats. On a previous trip with her mom some of the goats got out of the field and were standing in the road. I was thinking about this incident when my daughter started talking about the goats as we drove past, thinking this was what she was going to mention. Not quite. Here is how her conversation with me went:
"The other day, when mommy and I were going to school the goats were playing leapfrog. It was so cute. When I play leapfrog at school we jump over each others backs, but the goats were playing it differently. They were getting stuck. They were trying to jump over the other goats back but only got halfway, then they got stuck"

At this point, the image finally settled in my brain and I realized what it was that she was describing.

The only thing I could think to say was: "Wasn't that cute".

Time for that "birds and the bees" talk with mommy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think it's time for you to have a "birds and bees" talk with mommy?

Unknown said...

That's how I ended up with 2 kids.