Saturday, February 6, 2010

Busy Evening in the Snow


Well, let me tally up my afternoon and evening. Had a pine tree that collapsed from the weight of all the snow/ice partially fall across the driveway so I had to get out and cut that down and clean it up so I could get out of the driveway. Then I got a call from the Capital City Four Wheelers saying that there was a nurse out near me that needed a ride to work. So I went to go pick her up and by the time I got there, she had decided to try to drive herself. She got all the way to the end of her subdivision and got stuck. I pulled some winch cable and pulled her about 15 feet and she was then able to get out and drive the rest of the way to work herself. Next, I was following her up Walton's Tavern road and came upon a stuck snow plow (a 2500 series pickup with a plow on the front). I pulled him out of a ditch, and since he was on his way to get someone else out of a ditch about 150 feet from where he was stuck, I ended up pulling the other person in a BMW SUV out of a ditch. Then, there was a fellow CCFW that was stuck (also off of Walton's Tavern road). I went to his house and pulled his Dodge 1500 truck out of a ditch. Boy that winch and my battery were getting abused tonight. In the morning I have to go pick up Dawn from work.... I am exhausted.


...

No comments: