Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bug Zapper - H2O Style

We have had some problems with contamination of our well water in the past so we started buying bottled water to drink and cook with. It has always bugged (no pun intended) me that I might get sick drinking water from my own well, so I decided to do something about it. I bought one of these. I figure that I'll just zap those little bastards! Also, since we have very fine sand coming into the house via the deep well I thought that I would get 3 of these to pre-filter that water. I didn't realize that they were going to be so big. They should last at least a year before having to change the filter media. My next purchase may be a water softener but I am still undecided about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did you come to realize that your water was de'pits?

Da'Bro

Unknown said...

Water test proved to be contaminated with Fecal Coliform Bacteria. We got the test after we both got sick with diarrhea for several days straight. Doc suggested a water test, and sure enough it was positive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_coliforms