Tuesday, March 11, 2008

More Wiring Problems

It seems that I'll never get this thing passed. The inspector found one of my GFCI's had failed. Also, three outlets did not have their covers on and there was a place in the corner of the shed where the cable from my sub panel to the outside sub panel passed close to the front of the 2x4 where the sheet rock attached. He wanted to see a steel plate attached to the 2x4 to protect the cable from an inadvertant sheet rock screw penetrating the cable. Makes sense I guess. The inspector was very helpful and we ended up discussing canoeing down the James after he spotted my 12 year old Coleman 16' canoe in the yard. To make things right with the shed I did this and this to protect the cable. According to code ALL outlets in a garage or shed need to be protected by GFCIs. I had two outlets on the ceiling where I plugged in some fluorescent lamps. Neither of these two outlets were GFCI protected so I had to install GFCIs there too, to be in compliance. For those of you that have not bought one lately, those things are about $12 each!!
Damn thing better pass now !!!!

No comments: