Saturday, October 4, 2008

555-1212

Am I the only person that give out 555-1212 as my home phone number when those pesky sales people ask for my home phone number?

My wife thought that I had completely lost my mind when she heard me give that number out to the sales girl when we visited the Grand Opening of the Bass Pro Shop near us recently. I am just trying to stem the tidal wave of phone calls we get on a daily basis from those bastard Telemarketers. The funny thing is, I have never ever had any sales person question me about it. The only comment I ever received was "That's an easy number to remember". I kid you not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to give out the remote access number for Verizon voice mail. First thing they hear is "Welcome to Verizon's voice messaging service. To enter you mail box please press star."

The nice thing about it is that it is a legitimate number and exchange.