Saturday, October 4, 2008

Epoxy Paint for the Garage Floor

I bought some two part epoxy paint for the garage floor on Wednesday and spent Thursday and Friday prepping the floor for the paint. I moved everything out of the garage and power washed the floor. Then I put some cleaner/degreaser on the floor and scrubbed it with a push broom, and power washed it again. I followed that up with an acid wash and another power wash, then let it dry for two days. Today, Saturday, I put the first coat of epoxy on it but it is a bit thin in places so I will follow up with another coat tomorrow. If that coat looks like it will be thich enough, I will put the color chips down on top of that coat. If it still looks thin, I will put a third coat down. At $60/gallon/coat its not all that expensive. It does look quite good even after just one thin coat. See the photo album here to see the before and after photos of the first coat.

No comments: